Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Mac'ism...


I've always taken 'The Wizard of Oz' very seriously, you know. I believe in the idea of the rainbow. And I've spent my entire life trying to get over it.

~Judy Garland


I'm at my parent's house posting this (I knew the only way to remember this was to post it) ... loading more things in my car to take to our new house... and Mac is "exploring" outside. Describing the beauty here at my parent's is impossible... open spaces, free to roam... Mac loves it.


He just found a white fuzzy pat'apillar that looks similar to this picture...


Mac just watched it for a LONG time... and finally he says "I bet that pat'apillar wishes he were a rainbow."
I asked him why and he said... "cuz he's just plain white and rainbows are pretty."
Ahh... the beauty of childhood.
And this is how my Mac is... he loves flowers, butterflies, kittens, etc... he takes the time to study things and often acts as if he understands their feelings, etc.
Today we passed a hay field... the farmer had recently baled the hay in round bails... and there were a bunch of big huge round bales and then one little tiny one beside a large one....
Mac said: "That's nice, look Mommy, that little bale of hay gets to sit by his Mommy!"
That simple thought would have never crossed my mind... but his heart is so big in that little 5 year old body.... he melts my heart.
I'll leave this post... with a snippet of l yrics from the "Rainbow Connection"... a family favorite... (Kermit is our favorite pick to sing it... LOL)
Who said that every wish would be heard and answered
When wished on the morning star?
Somebody thought of that, and someone believed it,
And look what it's done so far.
What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing
And what do we think we might see?
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

No comments: