Monday, September 15, 2008

"Sometimes this old farm feels like a long lost friend..."






Ah... John Denver... He sure had the lyrics didn't he?

The title comes from his song "Back Home Again" and after an afternoon of sitting with my Neena... those words seem to sum up what I'm feeling.
Hey, it's good to be back home again
Sometimes this old farm feels like a long lost friend
~ John Denver "Back Home Again"


A great weekend...

I thought I'd just post some pictures... of where we are now... of the "country"... of "home". I'm sentimental and close to tears... so this is my way of saying what I want... but cheating and using pictures instead!


There are days that I would love to yell across the yard to a neighbor... drive up the road for Starbucks... walk through the mall... talk to our mail lady, etc... but as I sit here typing... I can hear Mac out on the front porch playing with his Tractors. I know this is where we are supposed to be. I know that my children are supposed to experience this. No boundaries, no fences separating neighbors (though there are some separating the cows! Moo!), it's... freedom! The leaves are starting to change. Autumn will soon be here. I think we will have the best view from here. You can't find this in the "city!"

The view to our left... (corn fields, even!)




View to the Right....








Another view...







How Mac enjoys his time...



Look what I can do now! No... Home Owners Assoc. telling me what I can and cannot do! hehe! Okay, so I probably wouldn't have done it before... but I've fallen in love with line dried clothes!

To the mountains, I can rest there
To the rivers, I will be strong
To the forest, I'll find peace there
To the wild country, where I belong
To the wild country, where I belong
~ John Denver "To The Wild Country"

No comments: