Saturday, November 29, 2008

*I'm Thankful..... *

We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.
~ Cynthia Ozick

I am thankful... and a few days late writing this.... But I've been busy enjoying my family... which I am SOOOO THANKFUL for!

It's easy to become wrapped up in things you don't have, things you wish you could have, things you wish you previously had, things that are always out of reach... But when asked to list what you are *RIGHT NOW* (in this moment) Thankful for... it seems easy to understand just how lucky you are... try it...

Right now I am thankful for...

*Family... each and every one of them
*My marriage... the good, the bad, the happy and the sad
*Random "I Love You's" from Madi and Mac
*Kid Hugs...
*Walking into my parent's house and instantly feeling "At Home"
*Looking at my 90 Year old Grandmother "Neena" and knowing that she loves me and is proud of me... but also looking at her and being proud that I can live in this same life that she does
*Coffee
*Feeling a big fat cat curled up on my feet in the early morning
*Madi and everything she brings into my life... even the grumpy moments
*Mac and his Mac "ways"... I wish I could keep him 5 forever
*My health, my life, my love
*Coke
*Friends near and far... For Becca, Jess, and Bex ... because even when they can't physically hold my hand... I know they are.
*Facebook... Myspace... and my computer
*First loves and last loves...
*Eternity Perfume
*Chocolate Pudding
*My mom's 'sketti sauce
*Hearing my mom call me her "little one"
*Knowing that my parents are proud of me and who I have become.
*Heated seats
*Fitting into my "favorite" jeans...
*People magazine
*Chunky Monkey Ice Cream
*Fuzzy slippers
*each one of my nieces and nephews...
*Kevin Bacon
*laughter
*knowing the feeling of love, of happiness, of sadness, of hurt... being able to "feel"
*my new found NON' dependency on my cell phone
*a new found relationship with one of my sisters
*music, my iPod, and MTV
*my life... and the mystery of the years yet to come


My list could go on forever.... but how comforting it is to know that right now... in this moment... I'm so blessed. I'll admit to having the "woe is me" moments lately... but when I stop to really think about my life... I know that I'm lucky, I'm happy, and I'm surrounded by people who help make my life what it is.

Thank you... all of you.

No comments: