Monday, March 17, 2008

** Lucky Duck **

I never leaf through a copy of National Geographic without realizing how lucky we are to live in a society where it is traditional to wear clothes.
~Erma Bombeck

Happy St. Patrick's Day.

The bus was coming down the street and Madi was in a pink dress and black tights. *SHOOT*... I quickly struck a deal with her that I would take her to school.... to make up for forgetting that one must wear green or get pinched today.

I wore pink. No green. I didn't get pinched. Guess I'm not so lucky... JUST KIDDING!

I am lucky in many ways...
* I have warmth and shelter
* I have a loving family
* I have friends who value trust, honesty, and unconditional love
* I have a great haircut
* I have my mom and my dad...
* I have books to read
* I have children who say "please" and "thank you"
* I have food to eat and jeans to fit my butt
* I have St. Joseph buried in my yard.... whom is working so hard to sell my house
* I have a contingency contract on said house
* I have myself

I also feel lucky tonight because I went to the Redbox at the grocery store (Redbox... little red, well boxes, that you can rent movies from for $1 plus tax. Keep them however long you want... $1 night. If you keep them 25 nights... it's yours.)... anyways... lost my thought... oh... I went to the Redbox and they had Int0 The Wild and Dan in Real Life... both movies I have been dying to see. I read Int0 The Wild. I loved it. Many people didn't like it... my dad and I both shared a love for it.

So tonight... and tomorrow... I will be in movie bliss.

Short blog tonight... tired and anticipating the movie!

Peace, Love, and Green Lucky Things.


I think people that have a brother or sister don't realize how lucky they are. Sure, they fight a lot, but to know that there's always somebody there, somebody that's family.
~Trey Parker and Matt Stone, South Park

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I really liked Dan in Real Life! Hope you enjoy it too.