Friday, September 19, 2008

Job Update # 1474

"The wise man can pick up a grain of sand and envision a whole universe. But the stupid man will just lie down on some seaweed and roll around until he's completely draped in it. Then he'll stand up and go, 'Hey, I'm Vine Man.'"
~ Jack Handey
(I love Jack Handey quotes)


"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I feel STUPID today... and I know it's only my first REAL day, but YOWZA! I'm almost to the point where I truly believe playing the part of James from Thomas the Train, being the Bulldozer while playing Match Box Cars, and fixing toast with butter AND Pnut butter are my true talents.

Basic computer skills left me in a fog today. I'm so lucky that the girl training me was helpful and understanding. She smiled a lot... and I'm not sure if it was a true "you're doing okay smile" or a "WOW, this girl has NO talent" smile. I'm sure it's the first... because she seems really sweet.

That... and she's pregnant with her first child. So we all know that it's a genuine sweet smile... you really don't learn those "fake" smiles until after you've had children and you are gritting your teeth, smiling, and talking through your teeth all at the same time.

So... I made it through... 9-11:30 today! HA! Does that even constitute as working??



"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
~ Bill Cosby

No comments: