Thursday, September 11, 2008

*YAWN*

Life may not be the party we hoped for … but while we are here we might as well dance!
~Unknown

We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today.
~Stacia Tauscher

What a night. The minute I put Mac to bed the wheezing started. *panic* This is the first attack since we moved back home. They usually only come in the winter months, but it seems everyone is fighting a late summer cold. The slightest cold can trigger the Evil Wheezing Beast in Mac. Luckily, I remembered where the Nebulizer was. When we packed up the house before the move, I made sure we put it in a box that we would be able to locate. "Good Job, Jodi!"

BUT... the steroids had expired. (Dec 2007) At that point... the inner battle within myself started. Do I NOT give him a treatment and risk him not being able to breathe in the night, or do I risk the 9 month expiration on the meds?

I gave him a treatment, and it didn't do anything for him.

I have to make some calls today to find a family doctor.

So in my tired state... and 5 min's before the bus... Madi remembers it's September 11th and that they were encouraged to wear "Red White and Blue" today. She had on denim capri's, a white dress shirt and a cream sweater over top. So... after a brief argument of a few possible shirt choices she could make (arguing with Madi over clothing choices is ALWAYS a last resort) ... she decided to leave what she had on. Then... "super mom" stepped in and I let her wear my favorite set of Red Bead necklace and bracelet. Ugh... I'm on pins and needles regretting it. I know it was for a good cause... but I some how see them not coming back in the same shape I sent them in.

Most people would say "it's just a necklace and bracelet"... but if you had shopped for them with me (I think Becky did)... you would know that finding the PERFECT color red is a hard task.

And let's face it... I don't have the pleasure of great shopping here, like I did in Erie. There is part of me that is tempted to go get them. (j/k'ing...) "Hi, I'm Madison Farr's Mom and I'm hear to rip my necklace and bracelet off of her. Thanks."

So Mac and I are having a SAH day. Comfy clothes. Lots of snacks. Maybe even a nap! (shhh. don't tell Mac).

I will watch for a glimmer of red around Mad's neck when she gets off the bus.... I mean, come on... you knew I would.

On this day when the nation continues to mourn... take the time to hug the people that you love, take the extra second to tell them that you are so glad to have them in your life. Celebrate your life... we were all touched by Sept 11th in some way... and while we can't change what happened, we can appreciate what it taught us. Appreciate what we have... and hold it close.

To my family and friends... thank you for all that you bring into my life.


At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.
~Albert Schweitzer

In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.
~Franklin D. Roosevelt

No comments: