Monday, October 20, 2008

Call "C.Y.S."....

Call Children and Youth... I would. Haha... this is the fun my children had last week.

Last Tuesday was our last "warm day". (I even wore shorts... in October!!). So... we gassed up the mowers and decided to tackle the ka'zillion ba'zillion acres and mow for the last time. We've been fortunate since moving in that the weather remained dry enough that the grass didn't grow. At all. Therefore... we haven't had to mow. Until Tuesday, that is...

I used the push mower. (okay... I should mention that it is self propelled) I love it... I love walking behind it... it's so noisy that I get lost in my own thoughts. I don't hear the kids fighting over a stick. Yes, that's right... they fought over a stick. I know this because... they stopped me to tell me.

HELLO!!!!! We live on a half wooded property!!! GO FIND ANOTHER ONE!!! Ugh.

Anyways... I walked around the corner and this is what I see.
(I will first state that before you call C.Y.S. please be informed that Dale was just out of the picture in these shots... per his request. Neither child was left alone on the mower.... someone was walking beside them at all times)

That said... Mac thinks this is what country life is all about. He said... "I am a farmer now, Mom!" I guess mowing with a Honda Lawn Tractor is "farming" enough... when you are 5.






And not to be out done by Mac... Madi tried it, too! (omg... we are so turning redneck, aren't we?)


1 comment:

Kathy said...

amazing country house love it! and all that land!!!!