Friday, October 10, 2008

Random'ness...

I just found the BEST "Christmas Present Hiding Place" EVAH!

This is a constant goal with me... in our old house... I hid presents in the storage part of the basement in Rubbermaid totes labeled "Easter Decorations"... which was fine... until mid December when Madi decided she and Mac should have an Easter Egg hunt. Yep, in the middle of December. Her imagination is endless, eh?

So... as I'm unpacking a box today... (10 points for me... I should mention because I haven't been keeping up with my unpacking Goals... hahahaha... who am I kidding... I have no goals)... anyways ~ I was looking for a place to stash all the little boxes marked "Kitchen Desk"... which I don't have anymore (reminder to self... discuss Kitchen desk vs. no Kitchen Desk)... and if I don't have one anymore... then I have no where to put the stuff, right? RIGHT? (you are right... this is an avoiding technique that I'm using. I know some day down the road I'm going to need something from those boxes... like the stapler, the box of paperclips, etc... and I'm going to regret not unpacking the box. And at that point, all you organized people can say "I told you so".)

Okay... back to the hiding spot. In the little room off of the "parlor" (I love saying Parlor) *Would you like to come sit awhile in the Parlor and have a drink of Tea?* oh yeah... in the little room, which I have made our Library there is a closet. One doesn't need a Library Closet... so I started stuffing boxes back there and then I had that Oprah Light Bulb Moment... *TAH DAH*

So... because I am so organized and already started my shopping... I put the Christmas presents back there.
1. Troy Trojan tshirt for Madi (can you believe she went from being a "Picker" as a mascot to a "Trojan"? Poor kid.
2. 2 Webkinz. (pink spotted dinosaur, and furry cat like thing)
3. A little frog ornament that I'm sure someone gave to me (I hope you aren't reading this) but I will re'gift to my Mother In Law who loves Frogs. Not that I don't love frogs... but it's so cute and I know she'd love it and give it a good home.

Okay... so it's not a lot of presents... but it makes me feel good. Makes me feel even better to know I have the hiding "spot"!

I won't get into the Kitchen Desk topic now... spare you the pain. For now I'll go round up Mac who has been hauling leaves in the yard with his John Deere Tractor. I told him I'd give him .50 cents. He's so easy.
(if by chance you did give me the Frog ornament... I'm sorry.)

No comments: