Friday, October 3, 2008

Seriously...

Can I have a time out?

We are going a ka'zillion miles a minute with no end in sight.

I finished my second full (hehe... remember 20 hrs a week) week of work! It's been a lot of fun to reconnect with people that I used to work with. I enjoy it... although, I'm still catching up on things from when the last girl left... (June).

I have a scanner there. It's the most ANNOYING piece of equipment ever. Seriously... first off, I think it's one of the first scanners ever produced. Therefore, it's an antique. And the sounds! The sounds this antique makes... yikes! The CEO of the school/Corporation actually came in on Wednesday and asked if it was necessary... that he could hear it from his office. HA! Um, and yes, it IS necessary... I'm in charge of scanning and filing all data, checks, bank statements, etc

On Monday, I'm taking my iPod. I cleared it with my "boss" and she said I could... but I had to take turns with her! I seriously hear the scanning noise in my head when I'm not at work.
I guess... as far as "budgets" go... Business Office Assistant is last on the list to get new equipment. My theory is this... if I keep it up and run it constantly... someone will suggest I get a newer one. Maybe something from the 1980's!

Other than that... same ol' same ol... just trying to catch up. Still unpacking. Still boxes of things here and there... but I'm getting there.

No comments: