Saturday, December 20, 2008

'Tis the Season....

I'm spinning... Literally... and I've gotten so used to this wacky out of control spinning of life... that I'm afraid if it (my life) were to slow down I might not be able to handle the "stillness" of it. I've found myself holding on tightly to things to gain some kind of security... But in the mist of it all... some glorious things have happened (glorious to me... and probably not glorious to others...)

* I decided to not stress out about Christmas cards. Normally, I do. I'm not this year. I am NOT.

* I got to go on the "Annual Mom and Amy (my sister) Christmas Shopping Trip"... which I guess we'll have to rename now that I have moved back. This trip consists of my sister and I shaking our heads at my mom's crazy list... lots of laughs... and loud Christmas music in the car.

* Madi is STUDENT of the Month in the Middle School... I might have posted about this! The breakfast to "honor" her was canceled this Friday due to the 10" of snow that was expected to fall.

* Madi had her Choral Concert... Beautiful!

* Mac bought my Christmas present while out shopping with my Dad. Even though it feels like a Pizza Cutter and is shaped like a Pizza Cutter... he says "It's NOT a Pizza Cutter" (Tho, I heard him whisper to Madi that it was! *wink*)

* I mourn the end of Santa's Secret Workshop this year. Madi doesn't have it in the Middle School and Mac's preschool doesn't hold one. No more crazy earrings from Madi.

* I am officially "Coke" (the soda, silly) FREE! This is a constant struggle for me.... and while I have been able to stop drinking it... I always get cravings. The cravings are gone and (excuse me while I pass out) the taste isn't even enjoyable to me anymore.

* I had a wonderful WONDERFUL time catching back up with my childhood friends... I'll post some pictures, soon! It was truly a great night... and fun to see how we've all "grown" up!

Ho Ho Ho! I'm sure I won't be back to post until the Holiday is over... Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Mamahawk said...

I know you have no time~~ but I would love to see you get back to blogging!!